Request a Call Back
Get in Touch!
Get a Site Audit!

Retargeting: What Is It, and Why Do You Need It?

Have you ever noticed how the ads on many popular sites you browse seem to target you? You’ll find that these ads are from a business whose site you recently visited. You’ll also find that every time you visit one of these sites, you might see a different set of ads also targeted towards you, just like the ones before. This is a perfect example of an advertising strategy known as retargeting.

Retargeting (or remarketing) is a strategy in which people who visit your website will see ads later for your business on other sites they visit. When someone visits your site, a line of code on your site drops a cookie into their browser. Then, when this person visits other websites, the cookie notifies ad networks hosted by your retargeting provider to serve them your ad. This strategy allows your ad to be placed into a far-reaching ad network, but only served to those who have previously visited your site. Hence the REtargeting!

Remarketing Process Explained - Custom Creatives

On average, only 2% of visitors to a website will be converted into a lead upon their first visit. Retargeting allows your business to continually make an impression on the other 98% of visitors who’d otherwise be considered lost, and eventually convert some of them into leads.

Retargeting can provide your business with an air of importance to visitors, since your ads will be displayed on some very popular sites. These ads can be anything from banner ads on standard sites to video ads on streaming sites. If you use retargeting as part of a diverse advertising campaign, it can be an unbelievably effective tool. It will allow you to consistently attract the attention of consumers who have already expressed interest in your business by visiting your site. If done correctly, retargeting can convert a sizable number of these consumers into leads and paying customers.

Banner Ad & Landing Page Example

Retargeting allows you or your company to target your hottest prospects. These are the prospects who have already been on your website, shown a level of interest by visiting your website and are familiar with your brand. Now you can bring these lost visitors back to your website to convert into happy customers.

If you want to know more about implementing a retargeting campaign, contact Custom Creatives and we’d be happy to help implement a strategy for your business or organization.

You can check out our work by clicking this link: Custom Flash Banner Ad Designs

Author: Rahul Alim
Custom Creatives was established to serve as your full-service one-stop Digital Marketing Company, offering graphic design, web design and web development agency, catering to businesses of all sizes. Custom Creatives has designed and deployed over 100,000 banner ads, as well as thousands of websites and landing pages and print collateral for small businesses and large international corporations. Providing exceptional quality services and products with a high return on investment is at the heart of everything we do.

DOUBLE or TRIPLE your LEADS With a FREE AUDIT!

Get your website's SEO strength evaluated and start getting more customers online.

Get My Free Website Audit
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.